Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Oxbow

Just bought a new bag of pellets for my two piggies. The brand was a bit higher priced but oh my how good it smells to me. Its Oxbow Simple Harvest. I was delighted to see these guinea pigs munch them. 😀 Needed to share my excitement.

Thanks
    Thanks
    97 Rec'd/88 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Re: Oxbow

I've always fed my piggies Oxbow! ( They get Oxbow Essentials ) It's higher priced but well, well worth it!!! Oxbow and KMS are the best pellets out there, with all the nutrition, without being too high in calcium, fillers, or dangerous seeds.
    It does smell nice, and my piggies have always loved it. I'm glad they're enjoying it...and you the smell!

Thanks
    Thanks
    710 Rec'd/611 Posts
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)

I've tried other brands of pellets but my pigs just prefer the Oxbow Essentials. For years I fed only KMS but it seemed that they changed the size to a much larger pellet and that just turned my pigs off of them. They just refused to eat them so I had to search for another brand and Oxbow was the one that filled the bill. They seem to really enjoy the taste and the pellets are small which is what my pigs seem to prefer.

Thanks
    Thanks
    515 Rec'd/415 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

Just letting you know that the Oxbow Simple Harvest pellets are likely the least recommended out of Oxbow's pellet line as they still contain calcium carbonate and have a slightly higher amount of calcium. While the Oxbow adult essentials and garden select use a different calcium source.

User Tag List