Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Just for fun...what exactly are piggy kisses?

petluv

Cavy Slave
I’ve seen many people say that their piggy is a kisser or gives kisses. So what exactly does that mean? Is it when they nibble on you or do some piggies actually lick like dogs? I’ve had nibbles but never lickers. So I’m just clarifying what they really are. They sound adorable and can’t wait to see if princess Abby starts kissing me. She nibbles my fingers lightly but I know she’s just hopping for veggies! lol

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I’ve seen many people say that their piggy is a kisser or gives kisses. So what exactly does that mean? Is it when they nibble on you or do some piggies actually lick like dogs? I’ve had nibbles but never lickers.

You will know what it is once you have experienced it. :love: It is actually licking and kissing. My dearly departed Sparky was an obsessive kisser insofar as I am concerned. He would be lying on my chest and looking up at me. Without warning, he would reach up and start kissing me, usually until I would stop him. It was always the same....slather kisses on Mommy's face and mouth, I would giggle and protest, and then wipe off my mouth. He was different with his Papa......he would just obsessively lick his chest and neck when he was wearing a tank top. The boy just loved bare skin!

His "brother", Chip, was also a licker. Not sure how we did it, but we managed to convert him from a biter to a licker. That took a long time, but was well worth the effort.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Four out of five of my piggies are, or were kissers. Pooper wasn't by any stretch. He kind of had a bad attitude for the most part which is probably why I loved him so much.

Sly was a nervous pig, and when he REALLY wanted his salad he would sit beside me and lick my leg or my knee. That was the only time.

When Scooter was a baby, he would kiss on the lips but he's grown out of it. He still gives the occasional kisses.

Punkin would sit on my chest and stare at me. I would say, "Give daddy kisses" and then I would pucker up, and more often than not he would start kissing me. I even managed to catch that on camera once!

Leo is the same way. He'll sit on my chest and I'll make kissy noises and he'll start kissing back. Hes done that from the day I brought him home in December.

More often that not its licking, but Scooter will sometimes just put his lips against my skin and kind of snuffle his lips there. It's just the most adorable thing in the world.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Here's some piggy kisses in action! This is Lucy, a himilayan teddy who I rescued back in October. She was very sick and was spayed a couple days after I brought her home. In her first few weeks with me she needed lots of hand feeding and TLC so she bonded with me very quickly, especially as she couldn't have a cagemate during her healing time.

She LOVES giving me kisses, during her recovery she would always be sitting on my chest and licking my chin and now, months later she still does it. I am mindful and don't let her do it when I have make-up on as I can't imagine it's very good to eat, but she always tries regardless!

[video=youtube_share;oQJSE_iso6A]https://youtu.be/oQJSE_iso6A[/video]

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too adorable, [MENTION=31353]sallyvh[/MENTION] !! Cuteness overload! Lucy is an adorable ball of fluff!

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! She's a very lovely pig! She's about 3.5 and was quite thin and scraggly when I got her, but she's put on just over 300 grams since coming home and her fur is a lot better.

IMG_20200105_142138_935.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! She's a very lovely pig! She's about 3.5 and was quite thin and scraggly when I got her, but she's put on just over 300 grams since coming home and her fur is a lot better.

View attachment 86686

What else can I say? She is just too precious. What a perfect little angel. She hit the jackpot making it to your house!

petluv

Cavy Slave
Aww!!! Piggy kisses sound so sweet! I had no idea they lick like dogs. So adorable! I like Abby when she very gently nibbles on my fingers, she’s so gentle. She still doesn’t like to be out of her cage or held, but we are still making a lot of in cage affection progress! She’s come a long way in 6 wks. Maybe one day I’ll get to hold her and get my piggy kisses!

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
My Friar Tuck loves to give kisses all the time as well! Robin Hood sometimes but he's more often a nibbler. It is the sweetest thing!

Friar Tuck only kisses my arms or hands but does it almost every day. He snuffles and lips ( for lack of a better word ) much like horses do, like when you give them something from the palm of your hand. Then he starts licking and nuzzling :love:

Robin Hood mostly nibbles and nuzzles, but sometimes kisses. Sometimes he gets carried away and gets nippy, lol ! He'll also lay flat on his side when he enjoys getting pet, and makes little quiet rumble purrs. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.