Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing need help sexing two week old guinea pigs

ernests

Cavy Gazer
i’ve posted in a few places and am looking to get as many confirmations as i can? i think i have two boys and a girl, but that’s not good enough haha. they’re two weeks old, i have a few days until i need to separate them accordingly and i want to get this right . the pictures i have are the best quality i could get

Attachments

01005FCA-5AF6-48C8-8381-97FBD007764E.jpg 6177009A-3AC2-4EC3-8A6D-EF30AA1D31BA.jpg D6D20425-403B-497B-A310-C5C80A83E071.jpg

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
i think i have two boys and a girl, but that’s not good enough

I dunno.......I think I'm seeing two sows (both white bums) and one boar (tan). There are some excellent pics here on the Forum that clearly show the difference. Perhaps the OP will come along and share them.

ernests

Cavy Gazer
I dunno.......I think I'm seeing two sows (both white bums) and one boar (tan). There are some excellent pics here on the Forum that clearly show the difference. Perhaps the OP will come along and share them.
i thought so too initially but one (the grey) has a button like appearance as opposed to the fleshy v shape i keep seeing , i checked the mom and hers looks more like the white one, you can especially see it because at the bottom tip of the “v” there’s two fleshy bits, the other two pups don’t have that? the other two have like button bumps, i’m not really sure what to think!! haha

Soecara

Cavy Slave
First and third photos look like possible boars to me, I am unsure on the other one (with more grey on the bottom). It might help you tell for certain to feel for the penis bone, males will have a firm line just under the skin above their genitals because of this bone, sows will not.

Here are my own close up images to compare to.

This is a boar.
IMG_3182.jpg

This is a sow
IMG_3180.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.