Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting same cage or different cage

XpancakeX

Cavy Slave
My 2 piggies are in different cages. Should i leave them like that? or should i let them go under the introduction process. The first time i let them be together they started fighting. i never knew there was such think called the intro process until there were one. during this one year period, they bit there cages like maniacs taking the paint off the cage. trying to get to the other piggy. and they stopped trying to do that now but they haven't gone through the intro yet. they are sisters though. what should i do.

petluv

Cavy Slave
I don’t know much about intros except what I’ve learned from here so I’ll leave it to the experts. I would continue to keep them in a divided cage (EACH cage must be 3 x 2 for C & C cages, or 4ft by 2ft for other cage) until you get a good understanding of the intro process and feel comfortable with it. Right now without intros they WILL bite and fight.

XpancakeX

Cavy Slave
Also they have been god until i got them from my cousin. they were totally chill till we put them together. they started fighting. so im wondering what will happen if i did let the intro a go.

XpancakeX

Cavy Slave
Thanks. But if i let them be together they will fight. Will they even go under the intro at that point? there fighting and biting and just going crazy. I dont want them to get too hurt. But i do need them to go under the intro since it would be so much easier if i could clean one cage. plus it would be more fun in that case :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Are they boars? If so, a 3x2 cage is way too small. I wouldn't put them in anything less than a 2x5 if it were me.

How old are they?

And don't just "put them together." That's a recipe for disaster. Here's the bible on introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

petluv

Cavy Slave
I was suggesting one 3x2 C&C PER pig. So a 6x2 C@C divided into two 3x2 neighboring cages. Once intros are done and successful then there would be a 6x2 C&C available for the both of them once bonded. Just to clarify. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.