Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Where To Get A Playpen?

KirbyFan8910

Cavy Slave
Hey guys. Terribly sorry I haven't been posting here. And sorry if I posted in the wrong category. I didn't know if I should've chose "play" or "exercise".. Anyways, can anybody recommend a piggy playpen? One thing that Cupcake taught me is that pet stores are a really unreliable place for piggies and piggy accessories. (I will never trust them after seeing the tiny, cramped cages they sell.. Anyways, does anyone know where I could get a reliable playpen? I really want to start playing with Cupcake. I can't let her run around my house because I'm too afraid that she'll eat something dangerous to her.. (Sorry if I seem grumpy in this post. This week's been kinda rough.on me.)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your easiest and cheapest solution for a playpen for Cupcake would be similar for a cage. A C&C pen made exactly the size you need would be both cost effective, and if you don't ziptie one end you can simply fold the playpen up when you don't need it.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I use two baby gates at the ends of a hallway for playtime. I have sheets of cardboard from boxes and I put that between the gate panels so she can’t stick her head through.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
If you have extra grids available from building a c&c cage, you can ziptie the grids together accordion-style and use a vinyl tablecloth to cover the floor. That's what I've always done for my pigs. My current pair are youngsters and haven't earned the trust to free-range during floortime yet either.

Gazumploiy

Cavy Gazer
I also use cardboard from boxes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.