Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New bed pads

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
My new washable bed pads arrived and they are a bit big for the inside of cage. Has anyone ever trimmed these to fit?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
My new washable bed pads arrived and they are a bit big for the inside of cage. Has anyone ever trimmed these to fit?

Absolutely.........many times. :p I'm presuming that you are talking about the washable incontinence bed pads?

Of course, first decide on the desired finished dimensions. Lightly mark the pads and sew along that line using a heavy narrow zig-zag stitch. Now cut just OUTSIDE and very close to that line and then proceed to sew around the perimeter using a wider zig-zag stitch (or any finishing stitch) to finish the edge(s).

Don't even *think* of cutting and then stitching! The layers will separate and you will likely not be able to get them back together in a neat and usable form. You want to cut as few edges as possible to minimize the labor involved and maximize the longevity of the pads.

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I will follow your directions and see how talented I can become. I have never had guinea pigs OR used a sewing machine. Now I'm trying out both. Am loving these squeaky pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.