Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Guinea pig is making a strange voice

Hi everyone,

My piggie Teddy is almost 2 years old male guinea pig, unnortured. And he is been with me for over a year.
    Some hours ago he strated making some strange noices I've never heard before.

He was just finished eating his morning snack at the time he started making this voices. I took him out to check and I felt like his belly was bloated a little bit... But to me it didnt seem allarming. If it was some other time, i'd just think since he just ate veggies his belly is simply bigger.

Since I have some experience being a piggy mother, my rule of thumb is if he eats, it's good. And even right now he is munching on some weed. He was drinking a lot of water right before I gave him the veggies.

So this is the back story, I managed to record the voice, you need to pump up the volume to hear Teddy though:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Vy...ew?usp=sharing

He is not currently making this voice but he did it like an hour or so, on and off. I'm worried that he might be in some sort of pain (because to me he sounded painful), but I can't see the reason? I'm looking for someone that can enlighten me about what Teddy is trying to say

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,254 Rec'd/5,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3817 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pig is making a strange voice

The sound on my computer isn't working, but noises after eating that go away after a short while usually are related to food in the mouth. Pay attention to whether he does it again, and if so, when and for how long.

User Tag List