Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi i'm new to the guinea pig world so ima introduce myself!

FuzzyCarrots

Cavy Slave
Helloooo! I'm FuzzyCarrots but If needed you can call me Elliot or E. I have currently one guinea pig (I know that's bad but we are working on giving him a friend!) but we also have 2 girls downstairs. none are fixed so we have to get that done. So we are pretty much keeping them separate... for now... My Skitter also has an instagram, but I won't post it unless someone asks. I know that's annoying when someone comes in and is like "Subscribe to my youtube!! :DD" And if needed I can just message someone it lol.

I am 17 and I live in america. Me and Skitter enjoy Tik Tok (Uhg i know lol) and he loves carrots and lettuce. Sometimes I give him a huge platter of Veggies to make him happy. He currently sits on my dresser and he has a blanket over his cage. not the entire thing just the top, so he feels like he's hiding lol. it also makes the cage nicer. I'm really nervous rn lol sorry. I don't wanna seem like a bad guinea pig friend.

I got skitter from my sister who, unfortunately, moved in with her dad, leaving poor Skitter behind. So I basically adopted him and loved him. I'm always researching guinea stuff and looking at videos of them and petting Skitter. (My friend is tired of it lol)

Anyway I'll leave this off here so it doesn't get super long. Thank you~!

MaiaBex

Cavy Slave
Hi Elliot! Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn about taking care of your friend Skitter. There's answers (sometimes multiple!) to almost any question you might have - just do a search of the forums. Most of them also have frequently-asked-about topics pinned to the top of the forum for easy access.

You say you also have two girls downstairs... I'm assuming girl guinea pigs that belong to another member of your family? Once everyone is fixed (or at least Skitter is), you might consider seeing if they'd all be good together. If so, that would give Skitter friends without the need to adopt any more. I don't know the situation, so that might not be a possibility, and that's okay too - it just gives you the option of having two piggies all to yourself! :cool:

It's awesome that you took Skitter in when your sister left him and that you're doing all this research. Keep up the good work!

FuzzyCarrots

Cavy Slave
Yep! The girls technically belong to my mom and stepdad, but we all kinda own them. And yeah, we hope to get them fixed and introduce them some more. I'm glad to join the guinea pig world! everyone's guineas are so cute and I like doing this research! Thank you so much!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

If your mom and stepdad have girls, all you need do is get Skitter neutered. Build them all a larger cage downstairs and Skitter will be in heaven with a couple of lady friends!

Just make sure you follow all the guidelines for getting him neutered, and of course definitely get a cavy savvy vet with experience to do it. You'll have to wait a few weeks after Skitters procedure to make sure all is well, and everything should go well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.