Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Unknown on labour signs?

Dakoda12

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone I have a female (mini) which is pregnant, I don't know when Mini fell pregnant so I don't know how far along she is. Mini is very large in size and not moving around her cage much at all, I can see the pups moving inside her I checked her pelvic Bone's which are one finger width apart can somebody help me to know how long until Mini gives birth or what other signs to look out for. Please thankyou in advance.

Mills123

Cavy Gazer
One of my piggies was pregnant when I got her I had no idea how far along she was, I took her to my vet and he told me that guinea pigs are very good at handling birth on their own and that I shouldn’t worry too much, he told me to keep her happy not to pick her up too much or stress her out in the meantime one night while I was sleeping she gave birth giving no signs of labor the night before and just as my vet said she did it all on her own and both the babies were healthy and happy! This could just be my experience but thought I should share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.