Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unknown on labour signs?

Hi everyone I have a female (mini) which is pregnant, I don't know when Mini fell pregnant so I don't know how far along she is. Mini is very large in size and not moving around her cage much at all, I can see the pups moving inside her I checked her pelvic Bone's which are one finger width apart can somebody help me to know how long until Mini gives birth or what other signs to look out for. Please thankyou in advance.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,255 Rec'd/5,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    2033 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3824 Post(s)

Re: Unknown on labour signs?

Stickies that answer questions like this are at the top of every forum. This one is from the Pregnancy and Babies forum: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Unknown on labour signs?

One of my piggies was pregnant when I got her I had no idea how far along she was, I took her to my vet and he told me that guinea pigs are very good at handling birth on their own and that I shouldn’t worry too much, he told me to keep her happy not to pick her up too much or stress her out in the meantime one night while I was sleeping she gave birth giving no signs of labor the night before and just as my vet said she did it all on her own and both the babies were healthy and happy! This could just be my experience but thought I should share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List