Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Tumor Growth in Ear

Qwrkyrtist

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone! While cuddling my piggie I noticed an odor so I gave her a bath. I realized the bath didn’t help so I lifted her ear flap and saw a growth in her ear canal. It is secreting fluid and is smelly. When I cleaned her ear with a q-tip and the funk was dark. I immediately took her to the vet but they didn’t really see guinea pigs, only dogs and cats. The vet did see her and said it was a cancer. I also took her to humane society and they recommend that I take her to a pocket pets vet. I can’t find anyone to take a new cavy patient.

has anyone seen anything like this? I’m confused and I’m not sure how to proceed. For now I’m just loving and cuddling her...

Attachments

8F4C8189-BB0C-463E-96AA-F17A57F759BB.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She does need to see an exotic vet -- it could just be an infection. You can google "exotic vets [put the name of your city here]" without the quotes and brackets and get the exotic vets around you.

Taking a guinea pig to a small animal vet is a waste of money, and can be dangerous. "Small animal" vets treat dogs and cats, not pocket pets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.