Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Growth in Ear

Hi everyone! While cuddling my piggie I noticed an odor so I gave her a bath. I realized the bath didnít help so I lifted her ear flap and saw a growth in her ear canal. It is secreting fluid and is smelly. When I cleaned her ear with a q-tip and the funk was dark. I immediately took her to the vet but they didnít really see guinea pigs, only dogs and cats. The vet did see her and said it was a cancer. I also took her to humane society and they recommend that I take her to a pocket pets vet. I canít find anyone to take a new cavy patient.

has anyone seen anything like this? Iím confused and Iím not sure how to proceed. For now Iím just loving and cuddling her...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F4C8189-BB0C-463E-96AA-F17A57F759BB.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	86648  

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,254 Rec'd/5,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3817 Post(s)

Re: Growth in Ear

She does need to see an exotic vet -- it could just be an infection. You can google "exotic vets [put the name of your city here]" without the quotes and brackets and get the exotic vets around you.

Taking a guinea pig to a small animal vet is a waste of money, and can be dangerous. "Small animal" vets treat dogs and cats, not pocket pets.

3. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List