Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels turning a dog crate into a piggy paradise

sleepymrsp

Cavy Gazer
Hello

I'm new to the forum. We're planning to re home 2 piggies. I already have a medium sized dog crate and I plan to use coroplast for the bottom of the cage and fleece bedding with puppy pads underneath. I'd like to create an upper layer. What's the best and easiest way to do it? Obviously i'd need a ramp. Coroplast seems the best way i've seen but how would i support it underneath to hold it up. I've got zip ties a plenty.

I love the grid cages but we have a dog so, even though they'll be kept in my daughters bedroom away from the dog, I'd rather keep them enclosed and safe from her.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Use the grids for an upper level. And there are jillions of pictures in the Photo Gallery of cages with two stories.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Check out a post I made quite some time ago about making a reinforced coroplast ramp. My version is quite similar to the ramps that the parent site of this Forum sells. The ramps that the Guinea Pig Cages Store sell are quality and reasonably priced, and I often just don't have the time and patience to make my own.

Here is the link to the instructions:

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.