Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Many? Will my guinea pig get lonely?

kmonkey28

Cavy Slave
Hey guys i’m experiencing a dilemma and would really appreciate some input. So around 4 weeks ago I discovered one of my guinea pigs had ringworm and took her to the vet for a sort of inpatient treatment. Turns out the medicine is not working and she will be there for at least another 3/4 weeks. I know guinea pigs are social animals and I am debating on if I should get a third guinea pig or not to keep the healthy guinea pig company. My reasons not to are because I have really only budgeted for two and don’t really feel able to eventually care for three. However, i do not want my current guinea pig to become depressed!!!I make sure to give her lap time every day!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Why on earth is a vet keeping a guinea pig for ringworm treatment? That is absolutely NOT necessary, and is designed to separate you from your money, not to heal your guinea pig.

If it were my pig, I'd never have left it there. Even now, I'd go get it, bring it home, and treat it myself with an over-the-counter antifungal medication.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.