Thread: Light colored poos after using Critical Care?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Light colored poos after using Critical Care?

Hello, everyone!

My 3-month old male guinea pig, S'mores, is currently on medication for the sniffles. He seems a little lethargic, but still bolts up and down the cage during his turbo speed runs. He hadn't been pooping very much so I started giving him Critical Care to ensure that he is eating enough. I started two days ago and this morning I noticed he had been pooping, but the color is very very light.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this, and is it a sign to stop giving him the Critical Care? He seems to love it. Besides the CC, his normal pellets, hay, and water, he had a piece of yellow bell pepper yesterday night. Could that have been what's causing the discoloration?

I've included a picture; it's a little bit difficult to tell the color from it but you can see the normal colored poo belonging to my other piggy who's also on the same meds in the left side of the picture. Also didn't know what to post this under so apologies if medication isn't the right prefix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200108_082501.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	86607  

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,243 Rec'd/5,770 Posts
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3812 Post(s)

Re: Light colored poos after using Critical Care?

It's not a sign of anything except that you're feeding him something different. Different foods always affect the color of poop.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Light colored poos after using Critical Care?

I've never seen guinea pig poop this color or texture. Had me worried, lol! The vet called to see how he was doing and you're right; nothing to be alarmed by. Thank you.

User Tag List