Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet my new baby boy!!!

petluv

Cavy Slave
Saturday I get to pick up this sweetie! :love:

(broken link removed)

I’m excited beyond measure! He was the very first piggy I was considering, before the whole petco adoption thing.

He was meant for me!:love:

He’s young, unlike my last piggy, so tips on getting him used to me are most welcome!

Also, changing his name, I’ll have to think on it once he comes home and I see his personality. I’m thinking Xavier sounds good. We will see.

Last edited:

petluv

Cavy Slave
I meant to add that he is going to have the whole dining room in our one bedroom apartment! Our table is in the living room now, he has already stolen not only my heart but a good portion of our limited space! Spoiled rotten already! lol

HunterRose13

Cavy Slave
There is a wealth of information in pinned post for new piggies. I'll share what has worked for me. If possible elevate the cage, I am doing this after Christmas is cleaned up. This puts him at a level where he doesn't feel as threatened by you 'hovering' over him. Make sure he has space under cover to eat. This was very important for my new boy. When I added cover to his hay and water area he was much more relaxed. Try not to make sudden movements when close to him until he settles in.

petluv

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone!

I will post news of him and how he’s adjusting. :)

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
He looks like the nicest little guy! I think he was meant to be for you since all roads kept leading back to him. Maybe someone else had been watching the girl at Petco, and realized they couldn't live without her when they thought someone else might adopt her... this guy has no one but you ❤️
i second everything HunterRose13 said. Also remember food is the key to piggies hearts, especially veggies; and it will take a little time so don't worry or give up :)
I have two wonderful boys myself, Friar Tuck and Robin Hood, and both were named for the personalities---Xavier could be a great name!

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
How pretty. Sounds like he has found a perfect home with you. Enjoy!!!

petluv

Cavy Slave
How pretty. Sounds like he has found a perfect home with you. Enjoy!!!

Slight change of plans: Hop on over to my latest thread “she’s here” in introductions. Sorry for all the confusion! :eek:

LaVitaEBella

Cavy Slave
Pherb is such an adorable baby, it seems like he is well-behave guinea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.