Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

PiggyPaws

Cavy Slave
Are those the ones from Eden-something-or-other? I have those ones and on the side of the cage in the corner it has gunky brown stuff on it, I have to scrub it off. I'm not sure but I suspect piggie pee...

Otherthan that they are good :)

Killicks

Cavy Slave
sorry should have said - screwfix

(broken link removed)

PiggyPaws

Cavy Slave
Ooh - my mistake ;)

Miss-S

Cavy Slave
Hello anybody in the Gtr Manchester region I found a really cheap supplier of Correx. I got two huge sheets, cut to size for my 2x4's for £16. There was loads left over for my upper decks and ramps.

They will deliver for free but only to business addresses! They say they have had too many complaints about the size of their vans in residential area's. anyway they're happy for you to pick it up. I just folded it and fit in my car fine.

Anyhow the company are based in Traford Park near the Trafford Centre. I can't remember the name of the company but their number is: 0161 848 5500.

Hope this helps some of you?

xx

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Ooo - wish I lived near Manchester!

Davey

Cavy Slave
This is great that there are grids available over here. I read that the £22 for 4 meant for 4 complete cubes rather than for 4 grids.

Yep, definately £22 for 17 grids plus 20 odd connectors, as I just picked up 2 packs from their shop in Finsbury Park.

Look nicer than the ones I initially got from Screwfix, which were a smaller diamond mesh rather than the nice bigger grid mesh.

Kids will go nuts now their piggies can have some proper floor time! :D

Dave

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
I have waited about 2 weeks for the zleeneze catalouge and it still isnt here :grumpy::weepy: I was wondering what do I need to search for when looking on the kleeneze website for cubes?

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Are they really £22 for 4 in Robert May? That seems awfully expensive even for over here?
Glad you managed to find some Miss-S, hope you get some soon Nev :)

After waiting about 2 weeks I still dont have the catalouge :weepy:

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Just wondering but when it says for four in the catalogue, does it mean four complete cubes? You know, attached together so they formed one big cube but separated in four parts so you had 16 squares?

Yeh 4 full cubes come to think of it actually maybe I could get 2 packs of that if I dont get them from kleeneze thanks for talking sense to me

senthais

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

First of all I'm not sure whether I can post this here or not, I've looked at the classified area but it seems focused on the US.

I've posted before on this thread saying that I've managed to buy the B&Q mesh grids for £10, here in Brighton. I was looking forward to adopting 2 guineas but as I've found a new job outside the UK, I have to leave in 2 months and don't want to put them under stress.

So, the long story short is that I've got a box of new mesh cubes, opened but never used. I just took them out once to have a look at them and then put them back and stored them away. I'd be very happy to give it for a tenner to anyone who'd want them. I live in Brighton though and don't have a car so it would be good for someone around the area.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

If i've posted it incorrectly here, my apologies I'd be happy to remove it.

cheers,

senthais

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I don't think you have posted incorrectly atall, but wonder if a new thread of it's own (in the UK section) 'grids for sale' or something might attract more attention. I hope you sell them here - they're not so easy to come by now!

Many congratulations on your new job - let us know how you get on!

Davey

Cavy Slave
Lets see some pigtures!

Better late than never, so here goes:
Their floor run, which is currently 5x3 grids, plus a little boxed ofshoot for their hideyhouse (so we can pen them in & catch them for the nights they don't want to be picked up and put back in their Nero4 cage)!!

Fifi in her 'cat basket'!

Rosie, hiding under the 'cat basket' ramp!!

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
Does argos still sell the cubes because I need to buy more to extend my cage !

Thanks !

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Cool floor run Davey! (are you still around)?

Argos has unfortunately stopped selling cubes for the time being, it's a big shame, as they were fairly easy to come by.

As far as I am aware, screwfix direct (online) (see post 182 above) sell mesh grids, and are the only place reliably stocking them, though yu could try Robert May, or keep your fingers crossed that B&Q have a set or two left.

eclipse

Cavy Slave
Ordered mine from Robertmay today and he knew exactly what it was for lol. Came to £30.00 inc delivery.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
That's great eclipse - let's see photos once it's done!

sasnpipp

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'd love to get any updates to this thread. We have a ton of UK people over at XXXXXX trying to find NIC cubes or the equivalent.

EDIT: Oops, I'm a dork, I didn't get to the last page! I'll go through the rest of the posts, now. :rolleyes: (Meanwhile, Cavy and Bunny people can unite to pressure more retailiers to carry them!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michaela

Cavy Slave
I was able to get grids from B&Q for my bunny last week. :) They are now a live product there.

Product No: 5015772198409
The make is Slemka.

If they tell you they can't order them in it's a lie - they CAN. I was told at first I couldn't get them, as were several people on the bunny forum I'm on, but if you ask someone else who knows what they are talking about they can get them. You do have to order them in, they aren't in store. Use the Product number above :)

Good luck all!

jabberwock

Cavy Slave
At the moment on ebay there are several shoe organisers that are basically a sixteen cube system and, for the number of grids, they seem to be the best value that's available in the UK at the moment. I don't know what they're like as I haven't bought any (I was looking for a smaller quantity and there are 4 cube things available as well). If you search for "storage cube" then you should see them.
They look like they might be plastic so may not be any use for a complete cage but would be OK for a side against a wall or for a support stand. I thought that if I used all of those for the support and base of the cage it would free up lots of normal grids for expansion and a bigger floor time run. Of course that would mean completely dismantling the existing cage and I am supposed to be decorating my daughter's bedroom at the moment...

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.