Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
Pablosmummy, I took the information which was given earlier in this thread (cost, exact name of the product and barcode details) into my local B&Q and got them to search specifically for that. The guy started to tell me that they weren't orderable, but then changed his mind and let me order them. Did you take all the details with you?

My girls are in a Nero 3, and everyone thinks I'm mad for thinking they need something bigger. Well, they're getting the biggest I can sensibly fit into my room, just as soon as everything arrives.

Bx

Pablosmummy

Cavy Slave
B+Q are still saying they dont have any so I'm giving up on them. I'm probably going to buy from the eden shop (I think thats the one) they have them for about 30 I think so i'll have to pay that as I need to be prepared for when (if ever) the rescue centres have a suitable buddy for pablo.

I'll save money by using lino instead of correx.

PiggyPaws

Cavy Slave
I'll save money by using lino instead of correx.

I found that correx was cheaper than lino where I am (Kent). I guess that depends whether you can get it as scrap. Enough correx for a 2x3 cost me £10.

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
I found that correx was cheaper than lino where I am (Kent). I guess that depends whether you can get it as scrap. Enough correx for a 2x3 cost me £10.

An 8x4' sheet cost me £15 +VAT. Not too bad I thiought.

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
AAARGGGGHHHH!!! I officially hate B&Q.

So I waited 2 weeks for my cubes, then an extra week on top of the date they said they would arrive. Then I went over there on Saturday (a half hour drive away) because no one would answer the blinking phone. Was told they'd be in 'tomorrow' (yesterday). Went back yesterday, to be told that they had been ordered incorrectly and would need re-ordering, would be another 4 weeks, but they would deliver them to my house for free due to the inconvenience. Then today I got a phone call... they are in stock, come and pick them up. I mean what the HECK?! So I guess I'll go over there after work to pick them up and give them all a piece of my mind!

Still, at least Bubble and Squeak might be able to be in their lovely new home later today!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Grrr - how frustrating! But at least you are going to get yout cubes! If I were you, I'd get another pack or two while you still can! lol

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
Yay! The girlies have their cage. And good grief! They look a lot bigger in real life. It's almost as big as my bed! (Single bed, to clarify)

I was thinking about getting some more cubes JarBax, but unfortunately B&Q ordered them in specially for me, and I only ordered the one pack. I do have enough left to make into a 'fence' with cable ties to piggie-proof my room, and maybe to raise the cage off the ground and make storage underneath, but that is for another day. Just having them in their new huge home is enough for now :)

Next step... Go fleece!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Way Hey!!! Lets see some pics of the hard-earned cage BeckyBoo!

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
Erm.. don't have any pictures yet, but anyway, it's just a plain old 2x4, silver grids, white corroplast. Nothing exciting. Would be a waste of space on the thread! When I have fleeced it all up and it's looking funky I'll give you all a peek ;)

Miss-S

Cavy Slave
My Gosh guys I never realised how exhausting the search for resources for a C&C cage could be.

I'm desperately trying to find the stuff to make another cage. It's really hard over here.

I'm contemplating B&Q, I'm firstly going to ring round all my local stores then I may order them? Has anyone had them ordered lately? I know there was some confusion as to whether they couls actually get them, I just wondered if I would be wasting my time?

Thanks Guys xx:crazy:

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
Hi Miss-S. I ordered cubes from B&Q recently. Had LOTS of confusion with them but did eventually get the cubes. I waited 3-4 days longer than the delivery date I was given before going to the shop again, and was told they should be there the next day. I went back the next day and was told they had been incorrectly ordered and that the lady I spoke to couldn't see how to order them appropriately to make sure they arrived, but would check it out and give me a ring the next day. The next day I had a call to tell me they were in store.

It was all very weird, but at least I got them in the end. I do now wish I had ordered two sets though, because I am left with the hassle of going through that again if I want anymore. I would recommend giving B&Q a try though, as they are two thirds cheaper than anywhere else.

Hope this helps.

Miss-S

Cavy Slave
That really helps thanks. I think I'll order some on line for the cage I reguire asap. Then I plan to make a long extension run, so I'll order them from B&Q as that can wait.

Thanks so much. Now on to the correx :crazy: .

xx

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Just to let you know I ordered the Robert may catalouge and his cubes are £22.00 for 4 cubes! I have a kleenez catalouge coming hopefully soon

Miss-S

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys,

I have been so lucky (don't throw eggs), I spoke to a lady today about getting two little piggies as mates for mine and you'll never believe it? She only had the biggest stack of cubes you could imagine going for 50p a grid. I bought 30 but I'm going to get another load when I pick my piggies up at weekend. She even threw in a load on connectors for free.

So anybody in the North West with a car, if you can get to Hyde near Stockport, then send me a message and I'll pass her details to you.

I even got a massive piece of lino for free (from my local carpet shop), so I can do the upper levels, yay!

xx

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
you are toooooooooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want some but I am too far away to get some

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Are they really £22 for 4 in Robert May? That seems awfully expensive even for over here?
Glad you managed to find some Miss-S, hope you get some soon Nev :)

PiggyPaws

Cavy Slave
Just wondering but when it says for four in the catalogue, does it mean four complete cubes? You know, attached together so they formed one big cube but separated in four parts so you had 16 squares?

GeneGenie

Cavy Slave
I was able to order the cubes in B&Q today, yippee! I ordered 5 packs, just in case I can never find them again. Just gotta wait 8 weeks for them to come in now... Have any of you who ordered from B&Q gotten yours early?

JarBax

Cavy Slave
This is great that there are grids available over here. I read that the £22 for 4 meant for 4 complete cubes rather than for 4 grids.

There is a thread of a near completed cage on here where the grids are from Screwfix. They look pretty good too.

Sorry GeneGenie (Can't get that song out my head now!), I got my grids from B&Q in their sale before they got really hard to find. Hope yours do arrive before you know it - might be worth your while keeping in regular contact with them, just incase.

Killicks

Cavy Slave
£18.99 for 18 panels and 24 connectors

Mainland UK Postage is six quid or free if you spend £45

The mesh is strong- time will tell if it gums up with cack :silly:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.