Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

tillie

Cavy Slave
Right just ordered them and they say they have them in stock but will take upto 21 days!!!! aarrrgggg I cant get my piggies until I get them I really hope they dont take 7/8 weeks as I really dont think I have the patience to wait that long!! I have ordered 3 packs so that 72 squares (how bigs are they? and is the gap 1 1/2 inches?) At least with 72 I can make a stand with them for the cage to go on, and a lid and a run for outside....hehe just dreaming here

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Hi there Tillie!
I thought id better write this reply to tell/warn you and everyone else that B&Q can no longer get the cubes in, even though they are still ordering them and taking our money!!!!
As you all know I have been waiting over 8 weeks for my cubes and with a lot of phoning and talking to numerous people (all fobbing me off with delivery dates) I have now found out that apparently it is a computer system error!!! The computers are saying that they can still order them in but in fact they can’t, they don’t even make them anymore (according to my local store manager)!
As many B&Q staff are still not aware of this error they are still ordering them and TAKING THE MONEY!!!
Obviously they will give me my money back, but that really doesn’t help me get back the time I have waited and I have no idea where else to get them without spending too much!
Sorry if I have gone on a bit, it has just got me so angry! :mad:

Anyway Tillie if I were you I would phone or go down to your B&Q and ask them what’s going on with your order so you don’t waste anymore time! Let me know what they say (I’m curious!)

tillie

Cavy Slave
Thanks for letting me know, I will go down there and see what they say and let you know.

Getting.cavys

Cavy Slave
Im from bedfordshire in the UK looking for some grid/cubes I dont know where to get them?

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
UGH. :sad: I feel so bad for you guys not having such easy access to grids and coroplast. I just went on Monday and bought 3 boxes for my sister-in-law to build a cage for her buns.

I could just buy them and ship them to you guys but they are so expensive to ship because they are so heavy.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Ahh thanks thats very nice of you :)!!!!! but your probably right it would be quite expencive. Its a nice idea though, the thought had crossed my mind to get them shipped over. I have no idea how much it would cost.

tillie

Cavy Slave
I have the same prob, well it sounds like I will but I will check with B&Q tomorrow about what magicroundabout said. I know they had 2 different cube types on the computer and 1 had a 2x by it which the sales man said meant it had been discontinued but he did say the 1's I ordered were ok. I will double check tomorrow. Ive been looking at the ones on the screwfix site (broken link removed)# has anyone got those ones? I was wondering as the mesh is so fine (enlarge the pic and you will see its a very fine diamond shaped mesh) the pigies feet may get caught in it....maybe making the corex higher would solve that, any advice? If not the only other option I think is the ones on robertmay. Ive looked on ebay but they only had the solid plastic type which wont allow for proper air circulation.

tillie

Cavy Slave
Getting.cavys....havent you got a costco by you? Ive read they have them at a good price, if they do could you let me know.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
I could get to a costco; does anyone know if you can get them in the UK costco because I think the shops are a little different?

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Hey tillie, what did B&Q say?
I went there to day to get my money back. I got the money ok but they did look like they didn't know what I was talking about. Im not B&Q's best friend right now.

tillie

Cavy Slave
Well I went in today but was told to ring in on Monday as H?O would be closed to check but they felt there shouldnt be a prob as as far as they are concerned they are still available. I will let you know the outcome. Anyway you got me a bit worried and plus the fact I am very impatient so I bought some wood etc and have been busy making a cage and bits today. Here are the links to my new cage which is 62''x25'' and a bed and sofa I made.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Wow they look great! I love that little cozy! Thanks so keeping me informed!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
I had a look in costco and rang other stores and they don't sell cubes any more. :sad: so back to square one!

Any luck with B&Q?

I'll keep looking!

tillie

Cavy Slave
No sorry, I did go in today but it was so busy I couldnt be bother to wait. As soon as I know I'll let you know. Im not too worries as Ive made a cage now. Its a pain that everyone seems to have stopped selling them inc Argos. You could try screwfix, they still have them.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Yeah I think im gonna have to go with the screw fix ones; I didn't want mesh ones if I could help it (just personal taste I guess) but it looks like im gonna get them, don't think I can wait any longer. lol!

tillie

Cavy Slave
How about the ones on Robertmay then?
(broken link removed)

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Yeah they look great but they are so expencive because of p+p and hidden extras. You end up spending around £40 for 17 grids. Don't worry I find something! x

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, me again!

I have another warning about buying cubes!
I was looking back through the posts of where to find cubes and saw this:

the cheapers place is ebay and the price has gone down the person selling is not on at the moment but you can contact by email [email protected]

So I emailed this lady and ordered my cubes. She told me that they were the normal cubes (ones with the 1” square holes) but when I received them they were the fine mesh ones, which I didn’t want. I asked her about this and if I could send them back and she was quite rude to me and refused to do any thing about it!!! So now I am stuck with them!

So I would strongly advise all of you to not to order from her! Also the cubes came straight from Screwfix direct (she just puts your name as the delivery address) and charges you more! So there is no point you might as well buy them from Screwfix (if you want the mesh ones) and save some money!

I’m not having very much luck with these cubes am I!?!

stubblychin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
I had a little look at your cage, it looks great! you have the same water bottle as me too (they are good aren't they).

I might try and get hold of some other cubes and use a mixture of both.

Oh well we'll see. :)

PS. I know I have thought about finding a supplier and selling them, its a good idea if you could do it!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.