Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
What are the measurements inside the base of the bottom cage on that thing Victoria? It still looks incredibly small.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
That cage is completely disgusting. It is too small and looks rather unstable and dangerous to me.

Your photo gallery picture of it was removed. DO NOT place it in the gallery again.

I found it a bit amusing that in your description of it you said that your "other half" didn't like the look of C&C cages. So instead you built that monstrosity?

I could forgive ugliness if it at least met recommended size but that is clearly too small.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
If the bottom cage is the Nero 4 then it measures 118cm by 64cm at its widest point. At this it doesn't meet recommended standards for space. Useable area is even less because the cage is measured round the wire at the widest part and not the internal area. I also can't understand how/if they are supposed to get from one cage to the other.

That cage also costs a small fortune if you buy it from a pet store, you could have made one four times the size for half that price.

zarrion101

Cavy Slave
I don't seem to get it though. If pet store cages are too small for guineapigs then why sell them. I'm sure there is some kind of system they need to be approved by. :confused:

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Well, considering that a lot of the stores that sell the cages, also sell animals, and they get the animals from breeders and pet mills, you could guess that they go by breeder standards of maybe 2-3sq. ft for an animal. This is woefully too small. Cages aren't the only things sold in a pet store that is bad for your guinea pig. Most of the foods, almost all treats, balls, harnesses, leashes; these are all extremely detrimental and in some cases can cause severe injuries or death. It's all about money really, not what is in the best interest of the animals.

zarrion101

Cavy Slave
Thank you for clearing that up. :) Sorry to go a little off topic as well. :eek: I guess there are those that go about just making money but there must be someone in the business out there that does care in the interest and happiness of the pets.

JulianSteve

Cavy Slave
Please accept my appologies for my reply in favour of the pet store cage. When I looked again it was not what I tthought it was. I thought it was part of a bigger set up and added on! I'm shocked that that was actually 'it'.Of course its tiny and unsuitable Please feel free to shout at me.

Last edited:

zarrion101

Cavy Slave
Please accept my appologies for my reply in favour of the pet store cage. When I looked again it was not what I tthought it was. I thought it was part of a bigger set up and added on! I'm shocked that that was actually 'it'.Of course its tiny and unsuitable Please feel free to shout at me.

No one should shout at you. :eek: All members are here to learn to be scold for and pressured. :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
No worries JS. If it was indeed an add-on to a larger cage, it would indeed be interesting, if not a bit confusing. I'm pretty sure that is the entire cage though.

JulianSteve

Cavy Slave
I'm sure you're right I should have put my glasses on!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Not cubes - but correx - type stuff. Spotted in Dobbies garden centre (near Edinburgh). Called 'carbo glass' it was being sold as an alternative to glass in green houses. Greenishly clear - it was unusual, but only coming in 3 x 2 ish size and smaller sheets (am annoyed I didn't write down the price - but I think it might have been around £17.99 for the larger sheet.)
Unfortunately, this Dobbies does sell animals in a pet section.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
There's a Dobbies near me that doesn't sell pets so I'll go and have a nosy at the next opportunity!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
pocoyo found grids in B&Q today on offer for £9.99! (24 grids and 28 connectors)

B&Q price: £9.99 (Sale price) RRP: £19.99
Name: 6-Cube Mesh Storage Unit by SLEMCKA
Bar code number: 5015772193169

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave

melvyn

Cavy Slave
seems very expensive you need the 14"by14" ones at £1.90 add 17=£30.30 and thats without the connecters and you got postage vat on top of that its all right if you just want one single one but any more seems really expensive to me the cheapers place is ebay and the price has gone down the person selling is not on at the moment but you can contact by email [email protected]

Autaven

Cavy Slave
I only need 7-10 cubes to make a second level and ramp on my pigs current 2x4 cage, but it seems like I can't order just extra cubes on there own from this site is that true? I would need connectors with them also.
The sites on the first page are helpful, but I don't need that many cubes, and don't really have a lot of money to play with. I'd also prefer them in black. So is there no way to just buy the extras on this site? Whenever I try it just says 'cart empty'.

tillie

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have the B&Q cubes? If so what are they like as in solid plastic/mesh or ? Are they ok? My store doesnt sell them and I have been on phone for an hour and have now been told that if I go into any store they will order them for me as long as I pay when I order. They are still £9.99 so sounds like a bargain as its a 6 cube storage unit. Just give them the bar code 5015772193169 (thankyou to whoever it was that put the barcode in theit post, without that I wouldnt have been able to get them)

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
I have the B&Q ones (I got them in that sale) and they appear to be metal coated in a very thin sort of powdery plastic? They are good quality in my opinion - sturdy but still fairly easy to bend for ramps etc. If I were you I'd get two or even three packs while you can - they are rather hard to find over here!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have the B&Q cubes? If so what are they like as in solid plastic/mesh or ? Are they ok? My store doesnt sell them and I have been on phone for an hour and have now been told that if I go into any store they will order them for me as long as I pay when I order. They are still £9.99 so sounds like a bargain as its a 6 cube storage unit. Just give them the bar code 5015772193169 (thankyou to whoever it was that put the barcode in theit post, without that I wouldnt have been able to get them)

Hi there tillie! Just thought id let you know that it may take a while for B&Q to get them in, because I ordered them 7/8 weeks ago and they still don't have them. When I ordered them they said 4-5 weeks, so don't be surprised if it takes longer than they say. They told me they should have them for me by the end of the week, so fingers crossed! Im not trying to put you off at all because it is defenatly worth it for that price!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Yup - just backing up Muffin - buy as many packs as you can afford! I have some (bought at full price), they're not quite as sturdy as the Argos ones were - but by no means flimsy. Worth the wait!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.