Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I saw similar plastic cubes in our local 'Liberty' shop (not sure if it is a chain), but didn't post them on here, because of their plastic-ness! Hadn't considered that they may be useful for a floor of second story etc, ot free up other grids. Good point!

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Sorry I havent read through all the posts here as my computer is about to freeze on me, but has anyone been able to find out how much it is to buy one pack of Robert May cubes inc VAT & postage. Would be much appreicated.
Thanks x

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
Apparantly they are back in b&q stores from today.....

Although it was supposed to be the 12th, I went in the other day and no sign. I was told I could order them in though.

Char-x

Cavy Slave
Apparantly they are back in b&q stores from today.....

Although it was supposed to be the 12th, I went in the other day and no sign. I was told I could order them in though.

Thats great news! Do you think if I phoned up my local B&Q they would be able to tell me more?

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
Im sooo happy that they might be able to order them in because I can never find cubes ! Does anyone know the price of them ?

Emma

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
To be honest, the staff don't seem to have a clue!

I go on a theguineapigforum.co.uk which is where I got the info from. The original poster said the 12th, but then it was changed to the 17th. I went in on the 14th and the staff didn't have a clue what they were or when/if they were getting them in.

I have a product code for them - which has been posted further up this thread, which stupidly I didn't have on me at the time I called in. So I rang up later with it and the woman told me they are discountinued however, they can order them in. I said OK and she said, that they have to be delivered to my house for security purposes....and delivery is £20!!!

So I said I would come back instore and order them there, and collect them when they arrive.

I am going to look on the shelves for them on Monday and order them if they don't have them.

However, from all I have heard, I am doubtful as a few people have been waiting months for theirs and just keep getting fobbed off with excuses.

But I have been assured by someone who has contacted the manufacturer who supplies B&Q that they will be on the shelves from today!! So get down there! LOL

I think there are £10, but could be £19.99 but that's for 6 cubes, not 4. And they are the squares ones, not mesh like screwfix, and I assume balck/grey.

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
WOOHOO im going to have a look today or tomorrow !!! THANKS SOO MUCH !!

Char-x

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much for letting us know! I might ring up my local B&Q and if they say there in I will be getting down there in a flash!

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
No problem.

Originally posted my Michaela use this code 5015772198409 if they are not on the shelves to order them.

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
Does it cost extra to order them in ? Does anyone know how much they are ? How long would they take to get into the store ? Would I be able to pick them up when they get them in ?

Emma

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
I called up B&Q in Kilmaronock in Scotland and they said they didnt have them on the shelves ! What did you call them when you called up ?

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
It doesn't cost any extra to order them in, but if you order by phone you have to have them delivered to your house for security purposes and that's £20. So go in store to order them.
I have no idea how long it would take, but I would say a few weeks.
Yes, they would probably give you a rough date when they will arrive, so call them up and see, then go an collect.
I think they are £19.99, for 6 cubes

I think they are called 6 cube storage system, but just use the code - It worked for me when I rang up.

Char-x

Cavy Slave
Thats siz actual cubes right, not panels?
Do you know what colour they come in?

Thanks for your help!

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
They are achually £22.98 ! I really need them within the next week I dont want to wait 4 weeks ! What can I do ?

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
6 cubes, not 6 panels. I assume 14". I don't know though, I am trying to get hold of them myself. Standard metal colour I imagine.

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
They are achually £22.98 ! I really need them within the next week I dont want to wait 4 weeks ! What can I do ?

Buy them from screwfix amybe?

£23 for 6 cubes isn't bad - It's just the waiting that's inconvenient I suppose. I can't make mine until I move out anyway. so 4 weeks is OK for me.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
The grids are the standard grey metal kind with black connectors.

There has been a lot of talk about B&Q getting grids/not getting grids. I know I bought mine when they were being discontinued a long time ago. I'd not hold my breath for more, until I saw them on the shelf!

-Emma-

Cavy Slave
They are definately getting mesh grids on the shelves on the 22nd and they are £22.98 ! I called up ! And my cousin works at b7q so he knows whats going on !

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
So now it's the 22nd? I am in no rush so I can wait until then.

Char-x

Cavy Slave
Oh so are B&Q only doing mesh grids? Argh, think I'm getting my five packs from Robert May I've been quoted for postage and vat included £140 which is good for five packs ...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.