Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guinea pig with cough

[QUOTE=guineamama1999;1013448]My oldest guinea pig is 11 months she is pretty lazy. Lately ive been hearing what sounds like a cough almost from one of the four of them. I think it is her because her voice for lack of a better word sounds alot deeper and today I noticed that her left eye has a lot of crusty spots under it. Should i take her to the vet should I separate her from the other three. Ive only had guinea pigs for a few months and dont know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk i would separate unless the other pigs are showing signs too. the cough sounds like an upper respiratory infection, i would take it too the vet. i would also recommend getting some recovery food off amazon if she goes off food.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,251 Rec'd/5,776 Posts
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3815 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pig with cough

@LayneeB, I've moved your post to its own thread. This will be the medical thread for your pig. If you'll post your pig's name, I'll change the thread title.

I wouldn't separate her -- the other pigs have already been exposed to whatever she's got. But I would see a vet.

User Tag List