Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grow Your Own Herb,flower and veggie garden

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
I'm big into gardening. Have been planning my spring planting based on our diet and stuff for our new guinea pigs. Has anyone else planted stuff to share with their piggies?

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Doing the summer I planted a window box with mixed leaf lettuce and wheat grass. The leaf lettuce did well all summer and she enjoyed having something fresh. She liked the wheat grass at first, then got tired of it. I was glad I planted everything in a planter that could be moved to catch more sun late in the year.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I'm on the opposite season (southern hemisphere), but I have plenty of goodies in the garden for the guinea pigs. Including but not limited to cucumbers, summer squash, kohl rabi, fennel, radicchio, beans, capsicums, tomatoes, and zucchini. My outdoor lettuces all either wilted or bolted with the recent heat wave as I wasn't able to keep them moist enough, but i have got a small indoor aquaponics system, with some Japanese rice fish in the attached aquarium, that I have been growing lettuces in.

I also have my fingers crossed for rose hips, my roses are still young plants though so it might take another few years before they start setting a good amount of hips.

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the input.We have always enjoyed building areas for our pets to share our life with. Adding a guinea pig room will be fun. I like all the ideas people have.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.