Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions i Think I found my new baby girl!

petluv

Cavy Slave
So....There was an adorable female guinea estimated two years of age available for adoption at my local Petco today. She was surrendered by her former owner due to inability to further care for her. Sweet as can be. Beautiful color pattern. I would have brought her home today but need time to order/gather supplies. So next weekend will be returning to see if she is still there. The adoption person said she has been available for over two months, but since she is an adult her adoption chances aren’t very high. So sad cause she is so beautiful and full of life! I can’t believe this is happening! I’ve been hesitating for months, but this girl NEEDS me to adopt her NOW or she may stay at shelter indefinitely. She doesn’t need a perfect life, just a good one. The adoption person said she cannot reserve her, but again doesn’t see her getting placed before then. If she does get adopted between now and then, they have more piggies. I think it’s finally time again. I SO hope I get to bring her home next weekend! :love:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you want her, I'd go get her. She may not be there next weekend. You can always rig/borrow a temporary cage, and you really only NEED bedding and a water bottle.

petluv

Cavy Slave
I am so tempted to, but I’ve already ordered everything and it arrives by Friday. I’ll set it up and go Saturday to get her. If it’s meant to be she will still be there. If she is no longer there I’ve already been talking to a local rescue and they consider me a candidate for adoption. They have several piggies needing good homes. :)

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If she was "surrendered", then she must have been in a cage? Perhaps Petco will let you borrow that cage for a week until your supplies arrive.

It sounds as though you aren't persuaded that she is the cavy for you? A temporary "cage" can be anything from a large plastic bin to a large box with litter, water bottle, and a dish of pellets. You can get Oxbow pellets at that same Petco. Hay can just be thrown into a corner of the box for the time being.

RoseCarter

Cavy Slave
I just got my two girls as well. Built a temporary cage for them..now working on a big one. Sounds like you are thinking about the little girls well being. I'm the same way.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I hope she's "the one" for you!

petluv

Cavy Slave
Welll....she got adopted by someone else. I’m so happy for her though.

I am am going to pick up a sweet piggy Saturday. He is a single male needs separation. I’ll try to post picture link...we will see��

(broken link removed)

I am happy beyond measure! :love::love::love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.