Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat I would like you all to meet Leo.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I found myself going through Kijiji this afternoon. I ran across an ad that was 6 days old.

Single male piggie needing a home. In a too-small cage, with nails that needed a trim badly. He's a year and a half old. I knew what I had to do.

Leo is now home with us. He will have to stay in the too-small cage for a few more weeks until the quarantine is over with. Tonight I will let him settle in, and get used to his new surroundings. He is a very happy boy who is free with piggie kisses. Tomorrow, he will get his nails trimmed.

Everyone, meet Leo. I can't tell you all how much I hope that it works out with Scooter.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nail trims and a bit of a bum clipping have been done. For his age, I think his nails were rarely cut if at all. He had one or two that had curled under and starting to dig into the bottom of his foot.

I can't believe how sweet and tame he is. No fuss, no muss and no problems at all cutting his nails. He just sat there and took it, burbling away. As soon as you put him on your chest, the kisses begin.

It breaks my heart to see him in a little cage. It IS about the biggest cage you can get at a pet store, the hutch type on wheels. I know his prior family meant well, and did everything the pet store told them which we all know isn't even close to enough. I am very much hoping that they take to each other when introductions are made.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Leo's story sounds a lot like Nutter Butter's. Rags to riches. Now I just have to convince my wife on the idea that Butter needs a buddy.
Dont tell her.

Just go find him one. :D

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Congratulations to you and Lucky Leo. He must have been held a lot if he’s so easy going, funny they didn’t know to trim his nails. Keep us posted!
Oddly enough, I've realized in talking to the previous owners mother that he was rarely picked up, due to the child's allergy. She told me it would be better that he go to a home where he would be picked up more, so I think I've just gotten very, very lucky with his temperament!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.