Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, hello out there!

Hi all My husband and I have caved in (no pun intended) and we're getting our daughters a pair of GP for (after) Christmas.

It was kind of funny how it came about. DD (11) has been asking repeatedly for GPs for a long time (at least a year) and even did a "book report" on them for us around six months ago. When we asked her what she wanted for Christmas, a GP was the only thing she mentioned. But DH and I hadn't talked about it

So then, on my local Buy Nothing group a few weeks ago, a lady mentioned she needs to rehome her two male GPs. I said I was interested but needed to talk to DH first -- and I was second in line anyway, so I forgot for a few days. And then he texted me and said "So, I've been thinking we should get DD her GP..." and I said "I think I've already found them!"

Neither of us has had GPs before so we've been reading up. We have no other pets. I've bought 4 packages of cubes and have started assembling what will be our cage but I'm trying to pass it off as shelving at the moment as it's going to be a surprise for the girls after Christmas. (We're going to be out of town with family for Christmas, so their current owner is keeping them for us until we get back.) I've got a care book and some stuffies to give the girls on Christmas Day to let them know about the piggies.

Anyway, enough about us for now. I think I have some cubes to go play with some more

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,254 Rec'd/5,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3819 Post(s)

Re: Well, hello out there!

Welcome! And congrats on getting piggies -- they're wonderful!

Here's some recommended reading for new pig owners: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...nea-pig-owners

Thanks
    Thanks
    691 Rec'd/597 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

A belated welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to reading about your new guinea pigs. If you are able, I would love to see pictures of them once they are all set up in their new home.

Thanks
    Thanks
    81 Rec'd/72 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Welcome to the world of guinea pigs!! They truly are wonderful pets, and it sure sounds like your family will have a very merry Christmas bpatters' link and this forum are the best of places to read up--- this site helped me as a new piggy owner as well: www.guineapigmanual.com . I think your daughter(s) will really enjoy reading it as well--- it's very readable, with cute pictures and funny asides, and a ton of fantastic info!

User Tag List