Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Bonding two baby boars.

angelfoxdesigns

Cavy Slave
So, we have decided to rename duke to Anders after Anders from the Dragon Age series. But I'm going to be adopting another male from a friend of mine and know their care is well and the boar is also very young, 3-4 weeks old. Any tips for a successful bonding/introduction? Anders is only about 7-8 weeks old so the age difference isn't super large.

I was told by the person I got Anders from that since he's so young that he should bond pretty easily to another male around his age or younger than him.

I have a pen set up and ready for the intro with some unused fleece that's super soft.

On a side note, how much should Anders be gaining in a day/week. I haven't seen him eat, I've only seen the poop I've been picking up and I wanna gauge if hes eating enough by weighing him.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So, bonding seems to be going well so far, some humping has happened but no fighting and minimal teeth chattering and the little one we've come to call Faust has gotten Anders to eat in front of me! I'm very happy and proud of these guys. Moved them into the C&C cage and they seem very happy. I had to add cardboard because the grids are too wide apart with how small both of the boys are.

I'm getting to see both of them eat, drink, and chew on toys. I'm definitely a happy new owner. I also just saw them both popcorn. Anders definitely isn't as scared of literally everything.

I weighed both boys and Faust is 290g and Anders is 350g but I'm not sure Anders is at a healthy weight yet because hes approximately 7-8 weeks old.

Cute boys! Sounds like everything is going well so far!

They seem to really be enjoying the hidey I made for them out a box that our ramen came in. They're really happy, or at least I think they are!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.