Thanks
    Thanks
    505 Rec'd/426 Posts
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    244 Post(s)

Commercial cage that meets size requirements

Hi everyone, I have found a commercial made cage available in Australia that meets the size requirements for a pair of guinea pigs. The cage is 140cm long, 70cm deep, meaning it is 0.98sq meters.

I have had a family member purchase them for their rabbits and they were very easy to put together, they did need to contact them for a shipping quote as they live in a regional area and the response was prompt. These are a great alternative to C&C cages for a pair of guinea pigs if you prefer the look of commercial cages.

Here are some links

Jumbo cage: https://thegeneralpetstore.com.au/co...cm-indoor-cage
    Jumbo cage with wheels: https://thegeneralpetstore.com.au/co...ge-with-wheels

This retailer also states they donate 5% of purchases to local animal rescues (they are located in Melbourne).

2. "Thank you, Soecara, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Commercial cage that meets size requirements

I have this one, on wheels and really like it. I wish it was a tiny bit bigger but it's easy to clean and I like the two windows at the front which are a good size for the piggies to stand up and say hello and get treats.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/19 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Re: Commercial cage that meets size requirements

They can be found, but sadly hard to find. I have one, since I live in an apartment. It’s not the one you have, similar but a different brand. It also meets square feet requirements. However, they are so falsely advertised as “jumbo”. It’s the MINIMUM size, not the maximum or “jumbo” size. You should always get your piggies a bigger cage if at all possible.

User Tag List