Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Commercial cage that meets size requirements

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I have found a commercial made cage available in Australia that meets the size requirements for a pair of guinea pigs. The cage is 140cm long, 70cm deep, meaning it is 0.98sq meters.

I have had a family member purchase them for their rabbits and they were very easy to put together, they did need to contact them for a shipping quote as they live in a regional area and the response was prompt. These are a great alternative to C&C cages for a pair of guinea pigs if you prefer the look of commercial cages.

Here are some links

Jumbo cage: https://thegeneralpetstore.com.au/collections/housing-and-playpen/products/jumbo-140cm-indoor-cage
Jumbo cage with wheels: https://thegeneralpetstore.com.au/c.../products/jumbo-140cm-indoor-cage-with-wheels

This retailer also states they donate 5% of purchases to local animal rescues (they are located in Melbourne).

PancakesandMilo

Cavy Gazer
I have this one, on wheels and really like it. I wish it was a tiny bit bigger but it's easy to clean and I like the two windows at the front which are a good size for the piggies to stand up and say hello and get treats.

petluv

Cavy Slave
They can be found, but sadly hard to find. I have one, since I live in an apartment. It’s not the one you have, similar but a different brand. It also meets square feet requirements. However, they are so falsely advertised as “jumbo”. It’s the MINIMUM size, not the maximum or “jumbo” size. You should always get your piggies a bigger cage if at all possible.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.