Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest in peace Cider.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I came home tonight to find my cider has passed away. I am absolutely devastated. My heater that I kept in my room to keep my pigs warm went out and since it's about 30 degrees here I'm assuming he just got to cold. Thank god my other pig pumpkin survived. I'm so sorry Cider I wish I would've gotten home sooner maybe I could have saved you. Rest in peace my fat boy you will be missed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Freak accidents happen, and though that doesn't make it easier, know you're not to blame. You loved Cider and I'm sure he was very happy with you--- and now he's happy and playing at the rainbow bridge ❤️

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost him. But I doubt seriously that the temperature of the room had anything to do with it. Guinea pigs can tolerate cold quite well, and we've had one on this board rescued after several nights outside in sub-freezing weather. He possibly had an underlying condition, or a fast-moving infection.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost him. But I doubt seriously that the temperature of the room had anything to do with it. Guinea pigs can tolerate cold quite well, and we've had one on this board rescued after several nights outside in sub-freezing weather. He possibly had an underlying condition, or a fast-moving infection.

I think since Pumpkin is ok, it makes it even more likely bpatters is absolutely correct. It could have been coincidence, and neither event caused the other.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Cider knew all the love he could handle, and then some.

Please allow me to add, though I'm sure it's little comfort. Losing a piggie is so heartbreaking, but [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] is likely spot on. If I remember correctly, you hadn't had these little guys very long. There just simply wouldn't have been enough time for you to know if Cider had an underlying medical issue. A lot of us here have seen just how fast an illness can move in a pig.

My point is, please don't blame yourself for Cider's passing. In all likelihood, it was something that you could have done nothing about even if you had known.

Rest in peace, Cider. By now you've made some new friends at the Rainbow Bridge. Perhaps my Punkin was one of the first to greet you. He'll have you getting into mischief in no time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.