Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Introducing guinea pigs

Noonie

Cavy Gazer
Hello, i’m Sure this is a frequently covered topic. I have two guinea pigs that have been together since they were babies. They are now about 7 months old. I recently got another guinea pig she’s fairly young. I had her separated from them for the first few days, then I had them meet on neutral territory and they didn’t have any issues. I cleaned the cage and disinfected everything, including their bowls and water bottles, even got them new toys. When introduced the two sisters wouldn’t stop following or chasing her into the corners of the cage and lunging at her. They didn’t harm her, but they chatter their teeth, and puff up. Now they mostly leave her alone when she’s in the corner but she won’t get out of the corner. Not even to eat or drink. This is my 2nd time trying to introduce them. Any tips would be appreciated! I was also wondering if maybe getting another guinea pig and introducing them together would make things easier by giving the baby a partner. I know the logical thing would probably be to find another home for her but I really want to try giving this a shot and some how make it a calm living space for everyone. Thank you

hananas

Cavy Slave
Has it been going for a long time? It could take a while for her to feel confortable in the cage and go out even if the other girls are no chancing here directly.
I would also check in your cage is big enough at the moment for the three of them, maybe use forest fleece to separate the cage in some bit so she can eat etc in some places where she would not have to meet the other girls.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.