Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Air Purifier Recommendations x2

Miarobi

Cavy Gazer
There is an very interesting and useful thread (broken link removed)

And I wanted to share my recommendation there, but the system does not allow sending messages to that thread anymore. This upset me very much and I decided to try to resume this topic. Suddenly, someone else is worried about the problem of clean air in his house.

I think it's okay if I copy here the message in the form that I wanted to send there. And welcome to the discussion!

I have several air purifiers in my home. My most favorite one is a Kenmore that was purchased from Sears. It is amazing. My husband and I allow ourselves a few pieces of bacon for Sunday breakfast and once I turn on the purifier the odor is completely gone from the house within just a short time. We do not smoke so I can't attest to how well it works on that, but we do use it when we have our fireplace insert running because we have a bird. It really removes the smoke odor immediately. That particular purifier was very expensive but well worth the cost.

In my pig's room and also in our bedroom we have Honeywell purifiers. We purchased them from Amazon and have been really pleased. The model number is HPA160 series. They contain a Hepa Tower Allergen Remover and cover 170 sq. ft.
I'm afraid I can't quite remember how much we paid for them. I know there are less expensive models available but I feel quite often it's a matter of getting what you paid for. I would rather pay a little more and have it work nicely.

I'm sorry you have to have that unfortunate situation with your neighbor. I cannot tolerate the odor of cigarette smoke. I think you will find that an air purifier will help quite a bit with the smoke odor.

I understand why you prefer Kenmore. But my last purchase was a GermGuardian AC4825 which I bought thanks to reviews of equipment on the Internet and the recommendations of my aunt (she has two huskies living at home). I ordered to Amazon , my best friend :D

This model is especially for those who have pets in the house. And I really like him. Everyone who comes to our house does not smell animals at all. Although we also have a cat. Therefore, I think that such an air purifier will cope with any odors. On such a device, I did not even feel sorry to spend my money

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.