Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'll see you again someday, Cola

CavieCuties

Cavy Slave
My first post on here is unfortunately not a happy one. My baby girl, Cola, passed away just a couple of days ago. It was quite sudden, as she had been well the day before, but she passed while laying on my chest being pet. I don't know what to do, but I'm glad she's not in any pain now. She is survived by her sister, Pepsi, who hasn't purred since she passed.
We sent Cola to be cremated today, but we won't get her ashes back for another 2 weeks. I'm grateful that I can take her home though. Not many people in my situation can do that.
Rest in peace baby girl, we miss you but we know you're always with us 💕

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
My sympathy to you on losing Cola. Give Pepsi plenty of extra attention and maybe rearrange the hideys and things in her cage so she has something to interest her. And take care of yourself as well.

CavieCuties

Cavy Slave
My sympathy to you on losing Cola. Give Pepsi plenty of extra attention and maybe rearrange the hideys and things in her cage so she has something to interest her. And take care of yourself as well.

Thank you. I have been giving her lots of extra attention. I didn't think to rearrange things, so I'll try that. And, I will take care of myself, it's just gonna be a little harder for a while. Your words and advice mean a lot to me, thank you again

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry you've lost Cola.

I'm sure she knows how much you loved her. That you were holding her as she let go would have been a great comfort to her. She would have felt safe, and at peace.

Rest in peace, Cola. Run. Find all your new friends at the Rainbow Bridge. Sun, grass, and fresh veggies await you until your family comes to take you home again.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost her.

HunterRose13

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for you loss of Cola. She surely felt the love you had for her. Share extra time with Pepsi and help each other through things.

This forum was a huge help when I lost my girls. I hope you will find comfort here as I did.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry to read that Cola has passed on. The one consolation was that she was in your arms at the end.

All the best to you and Pepsi as you both go through this difficult time.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Cola! You obviously were truly loved. :love:

Eatsyouchre

Cavy Slave
Sorry for your loss and hope you recover from the grief soon.

CavieCuties

Cavy Slave
Thank you all so much! I haven't been able to come back to the forums until now, but Pepsi and I are doing much better. She enjoyed being an only pig for a while, but now I'm planning on expanding the cage and bringing in one or two new friends for her.
When Cole's ashes came back i knew that such a special little piggy needed something better than a wooden box, so I'm painting with a portrait of her and all of her favorite things.
Reading everybody's comments truly has made me smile for the first time since quarantine. I hope everyone is doing well, as well as your piggies!

LaVitaEBella

Cavy Slave
Thank you all so much! I haven't been able to come back to the forums until now, but Pepsi and I are doing much better. She enjoyed being an only pig for a while, but now I'm planning on expanding the cage and bringing in one or two new friends for her.
When Cole's ashes came back i knew that such a special little piggy needed something better than a wooden box, so I'm painting with a portrait of her and all of her favorite things.
Reading everybody's comments truly has made me smile for the first time since quarantine. I hope everyone is doing well, as well as your piggies!

It take some time to heal, and I am glad that both you and Pepsi are coping up. Know that we are always here for you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.