Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Special male needs better home.

Unicorn365

Cavy Slave
So I am new to piggies and have posted a few times about my pigs. I have a male named Norbit, who needs a new home. He’s just not happy with us. He constantly bites anyone who holds him, we all have marks. I’m doing something wrong with him but I don’t know what, because my other two are the direct opposite of him. He is separated because he was bitting on both the other boys especially if they tried to play. My white boy has wounds because he’s constantly getting bullied. So I separated Norbit from them but they share a wall so he is close and not so alone. I just don’t know what to do. He needs a new home with someone who knows what they are doing and have more understanding of what’s going on. Trust that this pains me. He’s young, about 4 months old.

I’m in Pa, Lancaster. If anyone knows someone. My only other step is a rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unicorn365

Cavy Slave
Hmmm vet didn’t see any when I had them there a couple weeks back. I’ll make another appt and do a double check. Just odd that he’s such a jerk face and the other two aren’t.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The vet can't see mites. They're microscopic, and burrow under the skin. If a pig is scratching and is hard to get along with, that's sufficient reason to treat for mites.

Unicorn365

Cavy Slave
He’s not scratching, he’s just a jerk.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your problem isn't Norbit, per se. Your problem is you have THREE male pigs. Rehoming Norbit IS an option if you want to, but if you'd like to keep him you can always have two separate cages, and adopt ONE more pig to be with Norbit.

I'm not sure about the other two, but if they're all new they're all about the same age. ALL just going into puberty and it sounds like Norbit is the boss.

A trio of male pigs rarely ever works out. As I said rehoming is an option, or you can keep him with another boy in a separate cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.