Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage C&C vs Midwest for 3 pigs

MeliDee

Cavy Gazer
Hello Everyone,

I have 3 MALE guinea pigs. 2 of which I have had for two years (they are 2.5 years old) and they are housed in a custom plexi-glass and wood cage that is 3 feet x 5 feet. I just rescued another guinea pig who is a year old. I am looking for a new cage set up for them. I need one that would be big enough for all three if they can be in a herd (haven't tried that yet) but I want one that could be divided if the new pig can't herd. I was looking at the 2x5 or 2x6 c&c cages, but the lofts are only 2x2 grid wide. Could that be big enough for a single pig if I needed to house him alone?

Would you recommend a Midwest setup (if so, how many) or a C&C Setup (if so, what size).

I need the cages to be connected because I don't plan on getting my new one a friend; he can socialize with the other two through the bars.

Thank you!

Soecara

Cavy Slave
If you need to separate off the other male later he should have a 2x3 on his own. A pair of boars should ideally have a 2x5. That means the base cage would need to be a 2x8 to make that division possible. Alternatively if you could do a 3 grid wide setup you could do a 3x6, if you needed to divide it you could then split it into a 3x2 and a 3x4.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.