Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C&C vs Midwest for 3 pigs

Hello Everyone,

I have 3 MALE guinea pigs. 2 of which I have had for two years (they are 2.5 years old) and they are housed in a custom plexi-glass and wood cage that is 3 feet x 5 feet. I just rescued another guinea pig who is a year old. I am looking for a new cage set up for them. I need one that would be big enough for all three if they can be in a herd (haven't tried that yet) but I want one that could be divided if the new pig can't herd. I was looking at the 2x5 or 2x6 c&c cages, but the lofts are only 2x2 grid wide. Could that be big enough for a single pig if I needed to house him alone?

Would you recommend a Midwest setup (if so, how many) or a C&C Setup (if so, what size).

I need the cages to be connected because I don't plan on getting my new one a friend; he can socialize with the other two through the bars.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks
    24 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Re: C&C vs Midwest for 3 pigs

I would say c&c because the Midwest would give plenty of opportunities for squabbles. The small connector doorways might cause issues. The bigger space would be better for males.

3. "Thank you, Candalalala, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    493 Rec'd/415 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Re: C&C vs Midwest for 3 pigs

If you need to separate off the other male later he should have a 2x3 on his own. A pair of boars should ideally have a 2x5. That means the base cage would need to be a 2x8 to make that division possible. Alternatively if you could do a 3 grid wide setup you could do a 3x6, if you needed to divide it you could then split it into a 3x2 and a 3x4.

User Tag List