Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Guinea pig’s teeth not aligned, please help!

murderouspig

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I noticed my guinea pig’s (pumpkin again) teeth aren’t not aligned. One of his bottom teeth fell out few months ago and has grown back, however they are not aligned and I’ve just noticed it now that when he drinks water, his bottom teeth seems to be moving and separate a little such that there’s a gap in between at the top. But when I tried to take a picture of it there was no gap. He stopped eating his vitamin c tablet awhile ago which I’m not sure whether is it he can’t bite it or he just simply doesn’t want them anymore (we are feeding him liquid vitamin c at the moment). I just want to know if you guys think he needs to see a vet?

Attachments

399690DD-9232-4DD2-B57D-05D3F7E1DA81.jpg D937F479-A3D9-4537-B560-90B68D2468E6.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
When a pig loses a tooth, they often lose the same tooth again a couple of times before things stabilize. I'm not sure why, but I read about it a lot. But usually things firm up again.

If you can wiggle the tooth, it may be loose enough for you to just lift it out and get it out of the way. If not, just keep watching, and weigh daily to make sure enough food is going in.

murderouspig

Cavy Slave
When a pig loses a tooth, they often lose the same tooth again a couple of times before things stabilize. I'm not sure why, but I read about it a lot. But usually things firm up again.

If you can wiggle the tooth, it may be loose enough for you to just lift it out and get it out of the way. If not, just keep watching, and weigh daily to make sure enough food is going in.

alright, I’ll keep a lookout, thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.