Thread: Guinea pigís teeth not aligned, please help!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guinea pigís teeth not aligned, please help!

Hey guys, I noticed my guinea pigís (pumpkin again) teeth arenít not aligned. One of his bottom teeth fell out few months ago and has grown back, however they are not aligned and Iíve just noticed it now that when he drinks water, his bottom teeth seems to be moving and separate a little such that thereís a gap in between at the top. But when I tried to take a picture of it there was no gap. He stopped eating his vitamin c tablet awhile ago which Iím not sure whether is it he canít bite it or he just simply doesnít want them anymore (we are feeding him liquid vitamin c at the moment). I just want to know if you guys think he needs to see a vet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	399690DD-9232-4DD2-B57D-05D3F7E1DA81.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	86340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D937F479-A3D9-4537-B560-90B68D2468E6.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	86341  

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,190 Rec'd/5,726 Posts
    Mentioned
    2020 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3763 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pigís teeth not aligned, please help!

When a pig loses a tooth, they often lose the same tooth again a couple of times before things stabilize. I'm not sure why, but I read about it a lot. But usually things firm up again.

If you can wiggle the tooth, it may be loose enough for you to just lift it out and get it out of the way. If not, just keep watching, and weigh daily to make sure enough food is going in.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pigís teeth not aligned, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    When a pig loses a tooth, they often lose the same tooth again a couple of times before things stabilize. I'm not sure why, but I read about it a lot. But usually things firm up again.

If you can wiggle the tooth, it may be loose enough for you to just lift it out and get it out of the way. If not, just keep watching, and weigh daily to make sure enough food is going in.
    alright, Iíll keep a lookout, thank you!

User Tag List