Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Skinny pig has a cut!

grimacenspoink

Cavy Slave
Hello,
My skinny pig Grimace had a little boo boo on her nose when i picked her up this morning. It definitely was coming from an injury and not her actual nose thankfully. I already cleaned it with some sea salt in hot water as I saw that suggested on a different post on this forum but I’m wondering if there’s anything else I should be doing? it’s swollen now but no longer bloody. I’m not sure where it came from but it definitely wasn’t from a fight because I would have heard that happening and my piggies are best friends now. I’m thinking maybe there was a sharp piece of hay or something, i’ll include a picture.
Just looking for tips on how to care for a boo boo on a piggie!
21D3A4B2-C935-4D4C-A176-1CF1D665BC96.jpg

Attachments

F018FF97-F51A-4CA9-81D9-CA7FDEAF3405.jpg

Vendition

Cavy Slave
Not so sure about it and it is difficult to predict from a picture.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I doubt that is a hay poke. It kind of looks like a cut in the shape of a "C." There may be something in the cage with a sharp edge. Sometimes they chew and create sharp edges that aren't easy to notice, such as under a ramp or shelf. The salt water rinse was a good idea. Usually cuts can be treated with a topical cream like Neosporin. However, this is pretty close to Grimace's mouth. My opinion would be hold her, apply the cream with a Q-tip, wait about 10 minutes, and wipe away any excess before you let her eat or drink.

I'm sure there is someone out here with more experience treating wounds that could offer suggestions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.