Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Liquid Vitamin C dosage-Scurvy

I recently made a post about my piggie but to recap, my Laci is an elder pig and recently developed Scurvy. She is fed a wide range of veggies and she is on oxbow pellets which she does not like to eat. She eats her hay and veggies just fine. I was told by my vet that it is likely her age that made her develop this and gave her a large vitamin C shot and recommended I give her some extra veggies. However, I took it on myself to order the Childlife liquid vitamin C so that I know sheís getting more vitamin C in her diet. The only problem is that I only have ML syringe and canít find any suggested dosage for a pig with scurvy. The closest thing I can find is a review on Amazon who says they give their pig .5ml. Now, I understand they pee out any extra. But I donít want to force her to take more than she needs. Hope I am making sense and any help is appreciated!!! Thank you again!

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,191 Rec'd/5,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    2020 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3764 Post(s)

Re: Liquid Vitamin C dosage-Scurvy

You can copy your post above and paste it on your pig's original thread. You're allowed only one medical thread per pig -- it makes it much easier for people to give you good responses if all the information about the pig is on the same thread. I'll close this one.

User Tag List