Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wood Pellets Questions

Hello!

I have heard about using wood pellets and placing fleece on top. Can you guys give me some info on what this method is about? How often do you change the pellets and fleece? Do you have any favorite brand of pellet?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/18 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: Wood Pellets Questions

I am going this route soon. I found a couple of pinned post at the top of this forum very helpful. One of them addresses the type of pellets very well. The big take away from that post is to make sure the pellets do not have a strong smell (no pine) and do not have any type of accelerant if you are buying the wood stove pellets. The post about fleece addresses types of fleece and especially preparation. Pay attention to the preparation information about washing the fleece thoroughly and no fabric softner.

The above is not even a tiny summary of the good information in those two pinned post. Please check them out and you should find more than enough information to help you along.

Thanks
    Thanks
    24 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Re: Wood Pellets Questions

In my 2x4 cage, theyve had the same pellets since July. They are still fine and I heard they can last for almost a year. Although I only have two pigs and they have a loft they spend time in. Ive saved so much money with this route too

User Tag List