Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Vet says it may be cancer! (Graphic photo warning!!)

YinYangPiggies

Cavy Slave
Our oldest girl is about 4-5 years old & Ive noticed that she is looking thinner lately, this week we noticed she was having a big problem when we picked her up she was wet and we discovered what looked like an infection of some sort. We washed her up & got her separate from the other girls (who are fine) & took her to the vet ASAP. Vet says it may be cancer but definitely an infection going on too. She’s on antibiotics, meloxicam, cream, & vetscrub for the next 2 weeks to see if there is any improvement. Has anyone seen something like this?
She has been eating, drinking, pottying & acting happy as if nothing is wrong!

Attachments

A43D9AB4-7461-439D-80D7-42998C357796.jpg
Last edited:

tcole1019

Cavy Slave
Awwww bless her sweet heart... apologies, I don't have any helpful suggestions or answers but your lil girl will be in my thoughts. Here's some healing energy for her to get better on
[emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Do you have a update on your guinea pig? I’m hoping the meds and topical treatments are making an improvement.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.