Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play New Hidey

thistlewriter

Cavy Slave
So I've been wanting to buy my boys a new hidey. I was planning on buying a cavy cave from Guineapigcagesstore, but I was sorely disappointed to discover that they no longer sell them. I really think they would like pigaloos, as in the past they've really enjoyed pretending to be turtles with cardboard boxes. However, I have two boars and have absolutely no desire to stir up any trouble between them (especially on those rare occasions when Mercury gets in a snit), so I'm nervous about even buying one pigaloo for each pig.

Any suggestions for a reusable hidey that is similar to a pigaloo or a cavy cave? Or would pigaloos be ok if I got two of them and made sure both were in the cage at the same time?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
No matter what hidey you pick make sure it has two entrances; whether it comes like that or you have to cut a second entrance yourself. This will help prevent piggy wars... and Mercury getting in a snit! :) A fleece forest might be perfect---- you can make them yourself by tying strips of fleece to a c&c grid. Oxbow also makes Timothy hay tunnels they can hide in and chew/eat. I think pigloos would be ok as long as you cut a second entrance in each one and had two of them. I hope this helps; I'm sure others will chime in with more ideas and tips than me!

Mymisters

Cavy Slave
Here's a good pic of a hay box with fleece over it (cleaned almost daily because they used it as a litter box) and a fleece over a corner. My boys love it. 20190201_220222.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If you get a hay box like the one in Mymister’s picture, you can also just flip it over for a good hidey. These are stacking bins from the Dollar Tree, and they are one of my piggy’s favorites. She pulls it along with her shoulders. If your boys aren’t chewers, there are a variety of plastic storage bins at the Dollar Tree that can be flipped over and entrances cut into them. I sand the edges smooth so there’s is nothing sharp that she could get hurt on.

E1F7BC07-342B-4731-9FF3-47B1361F7FAE.jpg A4D72628-0BFD-4ACB-B54D-8ECA8241B381.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.