Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

help Problems training my guinea pig to potty train

Fredmama83

Cavy Gazer
I have Midwest cage pluss I have beding on oneside of the cage and then fleece on other I'm having problems potty training my guinea pig he has spent most of his time on side cage cause whenever I open the fleece side he poop and pees all over but I have both ramps open I do watch fleece he still poop and pees on fleece like allot I have his food water bottle food hay in the bedding area please help so he can start using fleece side not just bedding side

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Short answer? You can't potty train guinea pigs. If you're very, very lucky they will do most of their business in one place and you can set something up there to catch the output. But as far as teaching them where to potty? It really can't be done.

Fredmama83

Cavy Gazer
Thanks im new to this site and im trying to upload a picut of my cage idk how I sent you A private message

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thanks im new to this site and im trying to upload a picut of my cage idk how I sent you A private message

When you open a box to reply, up at the top you'll see a number of icons. Third one from the right is "insert image" From there you can choose one from your computer and upload it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.