Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sick guinea pig help needed asap

guineamama1999

Cavy Slave
My oldest guinea pig is 11 months she is pretty lazy. Lately ive been hearing what sounds like a cough almost from one of the four of them. I think it is her because her voice for lack of a better word sounds alot deeper and today I noticed that her left eye has a lot of crusty spots under it. Should i take her to the vet should I separate her from the other three. Ive only had guinea pigs for a few months and dont know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HunterRose13

Cavy Slave
I would separate her from the others in case it is something that can be spread by contact. It does sound like a vet is in order from the descrition of the symptoms and that it appears to not be getting better. I would also clean the cage as a precaution. There is a recommend solution of white vinegar and water for cleaning hard surfaces of the cage that you can probably find in a pinned post.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I would not separate, because they've all already been exposed, and she may be stressed out by being alone. But I would take her to the vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.