Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hard bottom cage recommendations

I'm having trouble finding a HARD BOTTOM cage for my 2 girls. I hate soft bottoms because for me they are harder to clean and if I ever want to move it I have to slide a piece of cardboard to keep it level, and need a second set of hands which I don't always have. Right now I have a PetSmart all living things cage(can't remember the name and they don't sell it anymore, pretty much the same in every way to the Midwest plus soft bottom cage, size wise ect) all the hard bottom cages I'm finding are too small. I thought about c&c cages but I need a top on the cage, I have curious cats. I eventually want to build my own but in the mean time, does anyone have any recommendations? Only requirements are must have a top, must be hard bottom, and must be at least 48x25(bigger is always better of course) thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks
    58 Rec'd/40 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Re: Hard bottom cage recommendations

You can purchase a piece of coroplast and cut to the size you need. Also, if your current cage is the same size as a Midwest you can purchase a premade coroplast insert at the cage store. https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/midwest

You can also purchase cages from the cage store that have very sturdy covers. It is what I started with before becoming more adventurous and confident in my own cage building creations.
    https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/...inea-pig-cages

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,198 Rec'd/5,731 Posts
    Mentioned
    2020 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3765 Post(s)

Re: Hard bottom cage recommendations

Closet shelving also makes an awesome cage top.

User Tag List