Thread: can y'all tell if Minnie is pregnant?

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question can y'all tell if Minnie is pregnant?

She's only been around my male for short periods of times on three different occasions, under watchful eye. I would NEVER intentionally breed my piggies. I don't know if she was pregnant when I got her or if Mickey got to her when I wasn't looking. When my piggies are out, they're out together. So it's always Mickey, Minnie, and Baby out at the same time. I just need to know if y'all think shes pregnant or not, i've asked the people on a guinea pig group i'm part of and they say she's possibly pregnant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minnie1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	86258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minnie2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	86259  

Thanks
    Thanks
    20 Rec'd/19 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Re: can y'all tell if Minnie is pregnant?

Never mix a male and female even if youre watching them the ehole entire time. It only takes a second.
    From the images it's hard to tell but I wouldnt tempt fate and put them together again. Keep her separate and keep an eye out. You should be able to tell more accurately after a month and a half or so of pregnancy.

3. "Thank you, Candalalala, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,181 Rec'd/5,718 Posts
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3754 Post(s)

Re: can y'all tell if Minnie is pregnant?

@Candalala is right -- it takes literally seconds for guinea pigs to breed. You could sneeze and miss it.

Besides, guinea pigs shouldn't be placed together and then separated. They don't play with each other under those circumstances, and they're wired to establish dominance over another pig when they meet. So when you put them together for "play" time, you're actually putting them in a very stressful situation.

Here's a thread that will help you as you keep watch to see if she's pregnant. It will be five or six weeks before you'll even have a chance to confirm it: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she

5. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List