Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy can y'all tell if Minnie is pregnant?

annabobana1432

Cavy Gazer
She's only been around my male for short periods of times on three different occasions, under watchful eye. I would NEVER intentionally breed my piggies. I don't know if she was pregnant when I got her or if Mickey got to her when I wasn't looking. When my piggies are out, they're out together. So it's always Mickey, Minnie, and Baby out at the same time. I just need to know if y'all think shes pregnant or not, i've asked the people on a guinea pig group i'm part of and they say she's possibly pregnant.

Attachments

minnie1.jpg minnie2.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Candalala is right -- it takes literally seconds for guinea pigs to breed. You could sneeze and miss it.

Besides, guinea pigs shouldn't be placed together and then separated. They don't play with each other under those circumstances, and they're wired to establish dominance over another pig when they meet. So when you put them together for "play" time, you're actually putting them in a very stressful situation.

Here's a thread that will help you as you keep watch to see if she's pregnant. It will be five or six weeks before you'll even have a chance to confirm it: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...inea-pig-is-pregnant-And-how-far-along-is-she

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.