Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Names for pair of girl guinea pigs?

Floatingzoo

Cavy Gazer
Hello! I'm going to be adopting two girl guinea pigs in October and I can't wait! I'd like to give them human names that match (ex. Lucy and Ethel) but not something too obvious. My favorite comedian is Tim Conway which would be fun to name them after -- but they are girls! Do you have any suggestions, or perhaps what the name Tim and Harvey or Amos and Theadore (from a Tim Conway movie...) would be? What are the names of your pigs?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!
My piggies are two boys named Friar Tuck and Robin Hood... I love the old british legends.
If you really want to name them after Tim Conway, you should name them Timothea and Connie! They'll have the namesake but still girls names, they're not too obvious, and they're human names :)
This site has a huge guinea pig name list if you want to check it out: www.guineapigmanual.com. It's a fantastic site for any new guinea pig owner too! There's also a thread here on guinea pig cages that's the names of all different member's piggies.
I always have a hard time deciding until I get to know them and their personalities...Robin Hood got his name because he likes to steal things and hide them in his house! lol No matter what you choose, I'm sure it'll be perfect for your piggies when you get them!

Floatingzoo

Cavy Gazer
Welcome!!
My piggies are two boys named Friar Tuck and Robin Hood... I love the old british legends.
If you really want to name them after Tim Conway, you should name them Timothea and Connie! They'll have the namesake but still girls names, they're not too obvious, and they're human names :)
This site has a huge guinea pig name list if you want to check it out: www.guineapigmanual.com. It's a fantastic site for any new guinea pig owner too! There's also a thread here on guinea pig cages that's the names of all different member's piggies.
I always have a hard time deciding until I get to know them and their personalities...Robin Hood got his name because he likes to steal things and hide them in his house! lol No matter what you choose, I'm sure it'll be perfect for your piggies when you get them!

Those names are so adorable! And I love how they match the personalities of your guinea pigs. I'll definitely put those names on the list and check out that website thank you!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about naming them in advance. Once they are in your home and the personality starts to come out, you'll find a name for them. And, I should add, that we often call our cavies by different names to the point that I doubt my boy knows which one is his name. His proper name is Sparky, but he's also called Sparks, Biggy Boy, Bigs, (his deceased brother was Lil' Bits), Mr. Rumbles, Puppy, etc. etc. lol

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Those names are so adorable! And I love how they match the personalities of your guinea pigs. I'll definitely put those names on the list and check out that website thank you!

Yay, I'm glad I helped inspire!! It's so much fun finding the perfect names---and I totally agree with spy9doc; once you get to know them you'll know the right name!
Friar Tuck was my first piggy (he's a Crested breed,) and his crest hairdo looks like a monk's tonsure haircut. Add his gentle, shy personality and my love of robin hood stories we managed to strike upon Friar Tuck the first day!
Robin Hood took us nearly a week to decide, though. I wanted to stick with the Merry Men theme, but that could be anything from Sherwood to Alan a Dale. But then he started to steal everything and hide it in his hidey house--- and it was usually something shiny! Add his bold personality and we had to name him after the outlaw himself :)
They know their names by heart but also answer to Piggy, or Friar, or Robin...or the magic word: Veggies! lol

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
P. S. The name thread on here is under Hot Tips right on the top....sorry, I forgot to say that before!

Floatingzoo

Cavy Gazer
Don't worry about naming them in advance. Once they are in your home and the personality starts to come out, you'll find a name for them. And, I should add, that we often call our cavies by different names to the point that I doubt my boy knows which one is his name. His proper name is Sparky, but he's also called Sparks, Biggy Boy, Bigs, (his deceased brother was Lil' Bits), Mr. Rumbles, Puppy, etc. etc. lol

Thank you so much for the advice! And I do agree, once we know their personalities it will be much easier. Okay -- Sparky is adorable!

Floatingzoo

Cavy Gazer
Yay, I'm glad I helped inspire!! It's so much fun finding the perfect names---and I totally agree with spy9doc; once you get to know them you'll know the right name!
Friar Tuck was my first piggy (he's a Crested breed,) and his crest hairdo looks like a monk's tonsure haircut. Add his gentle, shy personality and my love of robin hood stories we managed to strike upon Friar Tuck the first day!
Robin Hood took us nearly a week to decide, though. I wanted to stick with the Merry Men theme, but that could be anything from Sherwood to Alan a Dale. But then he started to steal everything and hide it in his hidey house--- and it was usually something shiny! Add his bold personality and we had to name him after the outlaw himself :)
They know their names by heart but also answer to Piggy, or Friar, or Robin...or the magic word: Veggies! lol

Haha that is perfect I love that Friar has a crest hairdo. I hope to be able to choose names that fit them as well as your names fit yours! And thank you so much for the name thread, I didn't know there was one!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
How about naming the new girls Tuddie and Wiggins?

We have been watching episodes of the Carol Burnett Show. We just saw the episode with Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins where Rock Hudson is her love interest. What a hoot!

How exciting getting two pigs!

Floatingzoo

Cavy Gazer
How about naming the new girls Tuddie and Wiggins?

We have been watching episodes of the Carol Burnett Show. We just saw the episode with Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins where Rock Hudson is her love interest. What a hoot!

How exciting getting two pigs!

That is genius! Those are some of my favorite sketches, and I love the Rock Hudson one. Have you seen the Cobumble sketch (parody of Columbo)? It's one of my favorites! Thank you for the names, they will be added to the (top) of the list!

ThatMamaDawn

Cavy Slave
Mine are Ellie & Emmie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Have you seen the Cobumble sketch (parody of Columbo)? It's one of my favorites! Thank you for the names, they will be added to the (top) of the list!

I haven’t seen the Cobumble sketch and I love Colombo! I’ll have to look for that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.