Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Injured eye

Kat85

Cavy Gazer
Hi can someone please tell me what might be wrong with her eye its been like this since yesterday I have been trying to clean it with a warm cloth

Attachments

20190901_150017.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I can't say for certain exactly what is wrong with her eye, but I can say for certain she needs to see a vet urgently. This isn't going to get better with just washing it.

Ideally in most circumstances you would want to see an exotic vet with experience treating guinea pigs, but eyes are the one thing that regular vets can treat on a guinea pig. Just don't let them give her any shots or oral medications without being certain it isn't on this list https://www.guinealynx.info/dangerous_medications.html eye ointments/drops are fine as long as you make sure not to get it on her fur so she can't get any off and eat it.

Kat85

Cavy Gazer
Ok thank you I will have to figure out how to get her there since I am on bed rest from just having surgery

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You need to find someone who can get her to a vet. Eye injuries are very painful, and that looks like a hay poke to me. Infection can set in, and cause the loss of one or both eyes.

Kat85

Cavy Gazer
Ok thank you I am gonna to ask a few people tomorrow

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.